Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

moments to remember

Its has been a very rainy, icy, windy, wet, cold, muddy sort of day outside...

What a perfect opportunity to spend some time with Jesus-- under the shadow of His wings... in the warmth of His presence, thinking about His Word, worshiping Him in my heart!

"The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over You with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

How often do we imagine God as singing?   This was a new thought for me.  I picture it like a mother soothing her child by singing quietly to him/her...  (I remember my mommy singing "'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus" to me when I was little, if I'd had a bad dream or when I was sad.  To this day that song brings me very special memories...)  Oh the comfort we'd find during difficult seasons if we'd bring our troubles to the Lord and lay them at His feet, and allow Him to quiet us with His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment