Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Be Thou my vision, 2013

Did you all have Merry Christmas?  I sure did!  The best part about it for me was that I was surrounded by my family and friends-- the people I love most-- and I felt the presence of the Lord in our hearts.

Anyway!  We face another year ahead of us now.  The thought of that always excites me, doesn't it for you?  I like to set aside time to think about the past year, and what the Lord was able to accomplished in my heart and life during that time. 

I'll also take some time praying about what the Lord has in store for the coming year, looking through God's Word to find a verse which provides the basis for the goals/vision I have for the new year.  I am always *flooded* with incredible verses!!!  (It's always really hard to choose just one) Anyway, here's the verse I decided on for 2013.  I'm going to write it out and tape it up in places where I always look, and commit it to memory, so I'll always have it on the front of my mind when I need it:

 "But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Your works."  Psalms 73:28

So, in other words, my goals are (1) to draw near to God and develop a deeper relationship with Him, and to more fully understand His character and His purposes (2) to trust in the Lord to lead me moment by moment by His Spirit, and surrendering all of myself and my future into His care, and (3) to declare all His works--- to become more bold and fearless in sharing my faith everywhere I go.  Notice that drawing near to God is prerequisite to trusting in Him, and trusting Him is prerequisite to boldness in serving Him.  What an awesome verse!

I encourage you to spend some time and do something like this, too!  Just open your Bible and let the Lord speak to your heart.  Let His vision be yours.  What a great way to start the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment