Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

attitude of gratitude

Today I wanted to post some beautiful scriptures I found that talk about having a grateful heart.  Please meditate on them, and tell the Lord about all that you are thankful to Him for.  No matter where you're at in life, the Lord has blessed you in some way-- we truly have so much to be thankful for!
  
 "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise.  Be thankful to Him and bless His name.  For the Lord is good, His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations." 
Psalms 100:4,5

"In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5:18

"Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord, and for His wonderful works to the children of men." Psalms 107:31

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." 
Philippians 4:6

"...Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ., submitting to one another in the fear of our God." 
Ephesians 5:19-21

"Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with Thanksgiving."
Colossians 4:2

Personal Application:
- Do I remember that God is good all the time, even in the midst of my troubles?
- I can praise Him and thank Him for who He is when I take my eyes off myself and my circumstances!
- I need to thank God for all things (times of rejoicing and times of sorrow)!
- Do I remember that God is always good and always in control, even when trouble appears to be all around?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


1 comment: